ABOUT THE PRODUCT
The Ankarsrum Original Kitchen Machine (formerly known as Verona, Magic Mill, Electrolux Assistent, DLX), a favorite mixer of Swedish cooks since 1940, is now available for North American homeowners. Fashioned from sturdy chrome and steel, this 600 watt professional quality kitchen tool is a durable all-purpose mixer that produces superior baking results. A variety of optional attachments transforms the Ankarsrum Original into a complete kitchen center, eliminating the need for a separate food processor, meat grinder, or slicer. The Ankarsrum Original offers professional functionality and versatility in one convenient countertop tool.
- Powerful and quiet 600 watt motor features self adjusting speed control. Includes 12 minute timer and bowl speed control (adjusts from 45 to 130 rpm.)
- Unique engineering puts the motor in the bottom of the unit. A movable steel arm holds the roller with a separate scraper that simultaneously rolls and kneads dough and batter.
- Mixer may be turned on its side to accommodate a variety of attachments purchased separately. These include a meat grinder, vegetable slicer, blender, citrus press, strainer, grater, pasta discs, flake and grain mills and cookie press.
- Large plastic beater bowl whisks meringue, creams butter and icing and holds up to 18 egg whites.
- Weighs only 19lbs. with stainless steel bowl and fits conveniently under overhead cabinets on most kitchen counters. Rubber feet and solid construction keep mixer in place during operation.
- Dimensions: 14.25" x 19" x 14.25"
- WARRANTY: 7 years on motor base and 1 year on attachments (through the manufacturer)
BASIC PACKAGE INCLUDES
- 7L stainless steel bowl
- 3.5L Double whisk bowl assembly (bowl, whisks, head gear, and shaft)
- Dough hook
- Dust cover / accessory bowl
- Cookie Beaters
- Removable power cord
- Instructional DVD
- Owners Manual
ABOUT THE COMPANY
From the Second World War to the present
In 1940, the Assistent was launched by Swedish white goods manufacturer Electrolux.
The Second World War meant that Swedish households were forced to review their expenses, with families baking, cooking food, making jams and syrups and preserving food much more than they had previously. All that needed a robust, reliable kitchen assistant.
A striking sign of the spirit of those times is the collection of "crisis recipes" that accompanied each machine during the first few years.
The streamlined design, typical of its time, came from the mind of industrial designer Alvar Lenning. The motor was 250 W at that time, and the machine was beige in color. Sales went well, and over time this kitchen assistant became a common sight in Swedish kitchens. In 1969, production moved from the Electrolux factory in Motala to Ankarsrum, where all the aluminum components, such as the arm, the arm attachment, the upper stand and the mincer and its parts, as well as the electrical motor, are all still cast, processed and assembled today.
Since its initial launch, the Ankarsrum Original has been developed and improved in a number of areas, and the number of accessories has been expanded, although the basic construction and the original concept of a robust, dependable and easy-to-use kitchen assistant for private and professional use remains.
The Ankarsrum Original has been voted "Best in test" in various tests on numerous occasions. That spurs us on to be even better. Proof that we have succeeded can be seen in the positive reception we have received for our latest colorful model from the mass media, retailers and users.